Problems Configuration Report Server

• I have SQL 2005 with SP 1.  I am in the reporting services configuration manager and I am at the point where the following options have green circles with checkmarks:

Server Status

Report Server Virtual Directory

Report Manager Virtual Directory

Windows Service Identity

Web Service Identity

Database Setup

Encryption Keys is a blue circle with an exclamation point with the choices Backup, Restore, Change and Delete.  I choose Backup and gave the key a password and clicked ok but the applied button at the bottom stayed grayed out.

Below the Encryption Keys button is Initialization and that is in a gray circle with a checkmark.  Since it is gray I can not select it. 

What is it that the configuration manager is waiting for me to do?

I tried going into the SQL Server Management Studio to see if I could connect to the Report Server from there.  I get an error message saying "Cannot connect to RBDS01.   The request failed with HTTP Status 400:  Bad Request.  (Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.UI.RSClient)

I would appreciate any ideas as to what I need to do so that I can connect to the Report Server?

Thanks.

Rick Bellefond

RB Data Services

• Check this..

http://www.sqlservercentral.com/forums/shwmessage.aspx?forumid=150&messageid=235765

MohammedU
    Microsoft SQL Server MVP

• I am not sure why your Initialization is greyed out, you basically need to Initialize SQL Server Instance that is running the Reporting Services in order to access the Reporting Services. Was it greyed out prior to taking a backup of the encryption keys?

Prasad Bhogadi
    www.inforaise.com

• Tuned out that I just needed to go to IIS and start the website and make sure the website was started.

Thanks to all who provided input.

Rick Bellefond

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply