Problem with VB Script in SSIS 2008

• Good day all

I need some advice/assistance with the following error in my package.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[ActiveX Script Task] Error: User script threw an exception: "Error Code: 0

Error Source=

Error Description: The variable cannot be found. This occurs when an attempt is made to retrieve a variable from the Variables collection on a container during execution of the package, and the variable is not there. The variable name may have changed or the variable is not being created.

Error on Line 4

".

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have tried using google, but couldnt get the information i need.

The whole script is attached.

Thanks in advance

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This thing is addressing problems that dont exist. Its solution-ism at its worst. We are dumbing down machines that are inherently superior. - Gilfoyle

• Are you referencing the variables with the variable dispensor or directly with dts.variables? If you are using the latter then you have to specify the readonly and readwritevariables in the script component, in addition to using them in the script itself..

CEWII

• Hi Elliot

I use them in dts, but I did specify them as variabes outside the script in the dts configuration.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This thing is addressing problems that dont exist. Its solution-ism at its worst. We are dumbing down machines that are inherently superior. - Gilfoyle

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply