problem with sql 2008 installation

• hi ,

i have installed sql with reporting services and i had problems then i uninstalled by add or remove programs and remove sql server 2008.

after trying to install i done installaiton success with reporting services failure.

error is reporting servcies existing for this instance

Can any one pls let me know how to install sql 2008 and uninstal reporting services success fully

• Can you post more details on the error that you are receiving.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [highlight]Recommended Articles on How to help us help you and[/highlight]
    [highlight]solve commonly asked questions[/highlight]

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help by Jeff Moden[/url]
    Managing Transaction Logs by Gail Shaw[/url]
    How to post Performance problems by Gail Shaw[/url]
    Help, my database is corrupt. Now what? by Gail Shaw[/url]

• pls find the below error what i got from logs

InstID01.mst;:InstName01.mst is already installed. MSINEWINSTANCE requires a new instance that is not installed.

MSI (s) (2C:14) [20:51:57:261]: MainEngineThread is returning 1639

• http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com/2009/02/how-to-uninstall-sql-server-2008.html

When you start to uninstall SQL Server, you will be presented with options allowing you to choose which features of SQL Server you wish to remove. Before doing this, make backups of all your databases. After you uninstall SSRS and reinstall it, you should be able to restore your reports database from the backup (assuming the database wasn't the problem that led you to uninstall SSRS in the first place). Good luck!

MJ

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply