• I was using:

-- Connect to Access

EXEC sp_addlinkedserver

@server = 'MSProject',

@provider = 'Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0',

@srvproduct = 'OLE DB Provider for Jet',

@datasrc = @FileLoc

EXEC sp_addlinkedsrvlogin 'MSProject', false, 'sa', 'Admin', NULL

@FileLoc is the actual location of the Access database.

I get the following error message:

OLE/DB provider returned message: Cannot start your application. The workgroup information file is missing or opened exclusively by another user.]

The error number was 7303 and I checked on Microsoft website and it said to verified that all the parameters are correct and they are, but I still get the following error message. Anyone out there have any suggestion?

Thanks.

V

• I was using the above from within a stored procedure and it was working fine until recently. I am using SQL Sever 7.0.

• Sounds like this file was protected from changes by implementing a workgroup file. Do you know for sure, and do you have a copy of the file?

"Don't roll your eyes at me. I will tape them in place." (Teacher on Boston Public)

• Yes, that is one of the first thing I did.

But the strange thing is that SQL server will not allow me to modify the stored procedure. When I try to save the stored procedure it keep saying something about 'Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0'.

• quote:

When I try to save the stored procedure it keep saying something about 'Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0'

What is that message?

"Don't roll your eyes at me. I will tape them in place." (Teacher on Boston Public)

• Try checking that you have correct NTFS permissions on the folder where the Access database is stored.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply