Problem with Login Authentication

• Hi,

I had a DTS Pacakege in which i had used ASPT(analysis processing task and send mail task.

It is scheduled on nightly bases and was working fine for last 2 months.

From yesterday it is giving error and the discription error below is as follows:

DTSStep_DTSSendMailTask_1, Error = -2147220352 (80040480)      Error string:  Logon failed: Unable to get the default MAPI Message Store due to MAPI error 273: The information store could not be opened.      Error source:  Microsoft Data Transformation Services (DTS) Package      Help file:  sqldts80.hlp      Help context:  9100      Error Detail Records:      Error:  -2147220352 (80040480); Provider Error:  0 (0)      Error string:  Logon failed: Unable to get the default MAPI Message Store due to MAPI error 273: The information store could not be opened.      Error source:  Microsoft Data Transformation Services (DTS) Package      Help file:  sqldts80.hlp      Help context:  9100...  Process Exit Code 1.  The step failed.

I solved the problem  but i did understand why is error occured.

Do any body can help me.

sufian

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• Sufian--can you explain what you mean when you said that you "fixed the problem?"  What did you do, and how do you know that doing so actually fixed the problem?  Maybe this will give someone a clue as to what was wrong.

• I know this was posted a while ago but thought I'd post a reply for anyone else with this problem who finds this sight as I did.   We've struggled with this same problem with mysterious MAPI 273 errors for no apparent reason and only when running from the job scheduler.   We found the only way to fix it was to logon to the db server, delete the Send Mail Task and re-create it.   Then it may suddenly return weeks later. 

It appears that if you create the Send Mail Task when logged directly onto the db server, all is well.   But as soon as you are on another pc and edit the DTS package containing this Send Mail Task, you get the 273 error.   Perhaps not all the time, but I was able to make this failure happen.   I didn't even touch the mail task, just added unrelated task to the package.  And this caused the 273 error when running from the job scheduler.

Carol

• Thanks Carol - that worked for me too.

Hopefully someone will respond with an explanation...

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply