Problem with FTP Task in SSIS on SQL2005

• Some things you can do:

1 Rightclick the flat file source connection manager > Advanced. ENsure the datatype of the OrdDate is DT_DBDATE

2 Use data viewers (doubleclick the precedence constraints in the data flow), to view at what point the data is being read as DB_Timestamp

3 Force the value to be converted to a DB_Date or DB_Datetimestamp by using the Data Conversion Component in the dataflow, between the flat file source and insert destination. This way, erroneous data can be redirected and viewed / corrected. You can use a 'Union All' component to rejoin the corrected data into the main pipeline.

• My solution was to recreate the FTP task..im not sure what the issue was but i was also getting the error..but after recreating the FTP connection it works ok..i'm wondering if it has something to do when creating the package to use in SQL server..

• better to use with the config file. Save the password inside the config file once. Then, enable the SSIS -> Package Configuration. Everytime you load your package. It will get the credentials from the config file.

• Hi I am also facing similar problem.

I transfering data from Excel and for Date it is throwing error:

Error3Validation error. Data Flow Task: SQL Server Destination [13055]: The column "Review Date" can't be inserted because the conversion between types DT_DATE and DT_DBTIMESTAMP is not supported.d_ccrs_obligor_stg_ld.dtsx00

I am using date as MM/DD/YYYY HH:MM:SS AM/PM

• JUST ADDING, DATE FORMAT MENTIONED IN MY previous post is the date which i had loaded in excel

• Hi All,

I tried the code to receive files and set the working directory and did the receive. No errors but the file is not downloaded. What is going on.

Thanks in advance,

Shyamala

• ramji.p (8/8/2008)

better to use with the config file. Save the password inside the config file once. Then, enable the SSIS -> Package Configuration. Everytime you load your package. It will get the credentials from the config file.

easiest method. But highly insecure.

risks can be mitigated by:

1. Making sure security is applied to the folder that this config file resides in.

2. Storing and 'encrypted password' in the config file. Get the ssis package to read this and decrypt it during execution.

• Mark,

I like your work around. The Execute Process allows me to run FTP with a parameter file that includes the sending of multiple files. The SSIS task only allows the sending of one file....if you can get it to work.

• Thank you so much for that script !! Your work around did it.

• that's how its designed. it doesnt save setting like the passwords. you have to create a configration file and plug in the server name, server password, etc. There is a toolbar at the top of the designer screen. Click SSIS, Package configurations, enable package configs, and then create a config file.

• that's how its designed. it doesnt save setting like the passwords. you have to create a configration file and plug in the server name, server password, etc. There is a toolbar at the top of the designer screen. Click SSIS, Package configurations, enable package configs, and then create a config file.

• I think the free SSIS FTP Task++ from www.eaSkills.com works well with Unix FTP Servers.

http://www.easkills.com/ssis/ftptask

• wow i read thru this thread looking for info on a looping ftp task and i realized that lots of posters dont understand the password security built into SSIS. Basically i think that everyone who recommends configuration files as a workaround to a "problem" with FTP misses the most obvious reason their packages fail 'encrypted keys'. MS in an attempt to appear to increase security made it nearly impossible to have unencrypted passwords. So if you put in the password in the ftp connection manager and then come back to it, it looks like it is gone, but it is not gone because VS has encrypted it with a user key. Why is this important? because it is often unlikely that you the package creator is the same user who executes the the job step from the package. Why does that matter? the agent doesnt have the same user key you do. Set up a log file for your package and it will indicate the user who executes each step, and that user has to be the user who builds the package. thats by far easier than configuration or script task. :~D

• *Deleted*

• Hi friend , thank for your post , I have the same problem , I need to conect to a VMS server and I need the list from a folder using TASK FTP, I read your solution but I have a problem by debugging the SISS, the SSIS is validating the ftp conection, according to I read it, I need to removed the check error , so my question is How Can I do that ?

Thanks for your helping, sorry my english

greetings from Chile from South America

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 49 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply