Problem with assigning BIGINT value to a variable(int64)

• Hi,

I want to set a variable (int64) with BigInt datatype using SQL Execute Task.

But following error occurs while I run the package:

[Execute SQL Task] Error: An error occurred while assigning a value to variable "MaxID":

"The type of the value being assigned to variable "User::MaxID" differs from the current variable type.

Variables may not change type during execution. Variable types are strict, except for variables of type Object.

Any suggestion for assigning bigint valur to a variable of Int64 in SSIS realy appreciated.?

Thanks in advance

• Please don't cross post. It just wastes people's time and fragments replies.

No replies to this thread please. Direct replies to:

http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic540764-364-1.aspx

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • GilaMonster (7/25/2008)

Please don't cross post. It just wastes people's time and fragments replies.

No replies to this thread please. Direct replies to:

http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic540764-364-1.aspx

Hi Gila,

I am very comfortable with T-SQL and serious about learning SSIS.

So this is not a cross post, I am having this problem and trying to resolve it since last 2 hours. Then I decided to post it here.

I dont know why u have taken this otherwise 😎 any way Big Big Sorry GILA

• It's posted in 2 different forums on the same site, posted at the same time. That's what I mean by cross post.

It's been standard internet etiquette since the early days - post in the most appropriate forum only, not in several at the same time

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply