Problem with a distributed query

• Hi everybody

I have two server linked , VSQL3 and NETROSP005

When I do the next query (in VSQL3 )

INSERT NETROSP005.ALERTASSMS.DBO.POLIFONICAS

SELECT * FROM #TEMP_POLIFONICAS

I have the next error message:

Server: Msg 7344, Level 16, State 1, Line 1

OLE DB provider 'SQLOLEDB' could not INSERT INTO table '[NETROSP005].[ALERTASSMS].[DBO].[POLIFONICAS]' because of column 'pol_id'. The user did not have permission to write to the column.

[OLE/DB provider returned message: Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors. Check each OLE DB status value, if available. No work was done.]

OLE DB error trace [OLE/DB Provider 'SQLOLEDB' IRowsetChange::InsertRow returned 0x80040e21:  Data status sent to the provider: [COLUMN_NAME=pol_id STATUS=DBSTATUS_S_OK], [COLUMN_NAME=pol_msisdn STATUS=DBSTATUS_S_OK], [COLUMN_NAME=pol_gateway STATUS=DBSTATUS_S_ISNULL], [COLUMN_NAME=pol_melodia STATUS=DBSTATUS_S_OK], [COLUMN_NAME=pol_descargada STATUS=DBSTATUS_S_ISNULL], [COLUMN_NAME=pol_timest...

What is the problem?

The user I use to connect to the linked server has all the permissions on the remote database, and, the next query is working fine:

UPDATE NETROSP005.ALERTASSMS.DBO.POLIFONICAS

SET pol_msisdn = T.POL_MSISDN FROM  NETROSP005.ALERTASSMS.DBO.POLIFONICAS P , #TEMP_POLIFONICAS T

WHERE P.POL_ID = T.POL_ID

Thanks in advance!!!

And merry christmas!

• Is pol_id an identity column?

• Yes it is....

• Change this:

INSERT NETROSP005.ALERTASSMS.DBO.POLIFONICAS

SELECT * FROM #TEMP_POLIFONICAS

to:

INSERT NETROSP005.ALERTASSMS.DBO.POLIFONICAS (fld1,fld2,fld3...)

SELECT fld1,fld2,fld3... FROM #TEMP_POLIFONICAS

It is not a good idea to leave field ordering to take place implicitly because you may not get what you asked for, use EXPLICIT Field list instead.

HTH

* Noel

• That didn't worked

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply