Problem setting up snapshot replication

• I have tried to set up snapshot replication using SQL Server 2008 with the Publisher, Distributor and Subscriber on the same PC.

I have used the wizard to configure the subscription but I cannot create the initial subscription. The error message that I receive is shown below.

Any ideas would be most welcome.

Access to the path 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL10.SSC20460\MSSQL\ReplData\unc\SSC20460$SSC20460_SANDBOX_PUBLISHER_MYTESTPUBLICATION\20091214101234\' is denied.

Error messages:

Source: mscorlib

Target Site: Void WinIOError(Int32, System.String)

Message: Access to the path 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL10.SSC20460\MSSQL\ReplData\unc\SSC20460$SSC20460_SANDBOX_PUBLISHER_MYTESTPUBLICATION\20091214101234\' is denied.

Stack: at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

at System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectory(String fullPath, String path, DirectorySecurity dirSecurity)

at System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory(String path, DirectorySecurity directorySecurity)

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Replication.Utilities.CreateDirectoryWithExtendedErrorInformation(String directory)

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Replication.Snapshot.SnapshotProvider.CreateSnapshotFolders()

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Replication.Snapshot.SqlServerSnapshotProvider.GenerateSnapshot()

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Replication.SnapshotGenerationAgent.InternalRun()

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Replication.AgentCore.Run() (Source: mscorlib, Error number: 0)

Get help: http://help/0

• The Security context under which the Agent is configured, must not be having full rights to

'C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL10.SSC20460\MSSQL\ReplData\unc\SSC20460$SSC20460_SANDBOX_PUBLISHER_MYTESTPUBLICATION\20091214101234.

Check that. Is it on Windows 2003 or Windows 2008?

Bru Medishetty

Blog -- LearnSQLWithBru

Join on Facebook Page Facebook.comLearnSQLWithBru

Twitter -- BruMedishetty

• Bru..

Thanks a million, that was the problem. very much appreciated.

regards Steve

• Stefaans (12/14/2009)

Bru..

Thanks a million, that was the problem. very much appreciated.

regards Steve

You are welcome !

Bru Medishetty

Blog -- LearnSQLWithBru

Join on Facebook Page Facebook.comLearnSQLWithBru

Twitter -- BruMedishetty

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply