Problem Creating Assembly with Permission Set of UNSAFE

• Yesterday, I began the process of moving a database from SQL 2000 to SQL 2005.  All is fine except that a stored procedure uses a external stored procedure (xp_getfiledetails) that has been retired.  I went ahead and wrote a vb application to replace this stored procedure.  My problem is that I can't create the assembly with the permission set of UNSAFE.  Can someone please give me a recipe with an explanation of what is being done to allow me to create the assembly and use it in SQL 2005.

Thank you.

•  you will have to:

create a signed assembly in .net  environment

create an asymentic key on sql server for the .net assembly

grant EXTERNAL_ACCESS or UNSAFE permission set to the .net assembly

probably create a login for the asymetric key

and you might additionally need to assign permissions to the user that is running the sql server process

Everything you can imagine is real.

• Hello Bledu

Thank you for the information.  I was able to get it to work.  FYI -- you ARE required to create a login for the asymetric key.

Clay

• did u get it to work from what i have you? i don't think  you are required to create the login, in my case i ended up do it because i was having the usual  programming problems

• I tried to create the procedure WITHOUT creating the login and it Failed.  After I created it, I was able to create the procedure.

• that was my experience as well

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply