Proble with Maintenance Plan in SQL Server 2005

• Hi All, I have Installed SQL Server 2005 Enterprise Edition x 64 bit. I looked at the version and it has service pack 2. Here is what i have about the inofoarmation.

When i try to use maintenance plan wizard it throws following error.

Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.DatabaseMaintenance.TaskUIUtils..ctor()'. (Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.MaintenancePlanWizard)

Please let me know how to resolve this issue. I really have to solve it.

What i found using @@version is given below to make sure i have the right version and service pack.

====================================================Microsoft SQL Server 2005 - 9.00.3050.00 (X64) Mar 2 2007 22:06:10 Copyright (c) 1988-2005 Microsoft Corporation Enterprise Edition (64-bit) on Windows NT 5.2 (Build 3790: Service Pack 2)

====================================================

I would really appreciate if any of you could help me out on this issue.

Thank you

Abi

• I am sure that patch is not applied for Tools properly. Look at Management studio (Help>About)

Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio

Can you also check setup logs for SP2 and confirm?

• Are you interfacing directly from the server or connecting via Management studio on your pc? If it is the later did you also upgrade your pc to sp2 with KB 933508?

If all the above is correct then please provide details on what you were trying to do.

• I will check that and let you know tommorrow. I am not sure about it. Thanks

• Yes, i am interfacing directly from the server. I am not sure what is the problem here.

Thanks for your help.

• did you confirm that last patch was applied properly. Can you share the setuplogs with me.

attach them here or send it to me at bmlakhani@yahoo.com

• Hi Balmukunda,

I checked it and i found following:

Component Name Versions

Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio9.00.1399.00

Am not sure if it is the right one. If it is not, can you let me know which patch to apply.

Thanks

• That is your base install, download and install service pack2, KB933508 and any other critical patches recommended by microsoft. There is one but I cannot remember it. doing updates after you install the first two will let you know if there is one required.

• Lowry,

Thanks but am not sure which are the latest patches to apply. Could you let me know what is that.

Thanks

• The problem with 2005 at the moment is they have all of these hotfixes out and only recommend installing if you are having the problem the fix corrects. Start out with service pack 2 and the KB933508 fix. See if that solves your issue

I know there is a mandatory fix that was downloaded in our last patch batch, but due to it being part of the download from the site I am not sure what the KB number was.

then check this list out if you are still having issues, you may find a fix that meets your needs to resolve it it wasn't done by the first two

http://sqlserverbuilds.blogspot.com/

• No luck...i could not fix it. I do not know how to resolve it. I tried and looked at the KB and applied the hot fix but it is still the same problemm.

This is what i get :

9.00.3050.00SP2Enterprise Edition (64-bit)

when i run follwoing script:

SELECT SERVERPROPERTY('productversion'), SERVERPROPERTY ('productlevel'), SERVERPROPERTY ('edition')

I do not know how to aprroach now.

Thanks

• The problem is your Tools are on RTM (1399) and Server is at higher build (3050)

You need to first download and apply SP2 then build 3050.

contact me at bmlakhani@yahoo.com and let me see how i can help.

• I have applied SP2 and it is here to make sure if am applying the right one. SQLServer2005SP2-KB921896-x64-ENU

Am i missing something as i said am new in SQL Server sutuff and please bear with me if am not very technical specific and leading you in confusion.

Thanks

• Abi Chapagai (3/26/2008)

Hi Balmukunda,

I checked it and i found following:

Component Name Versions

Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio9.00.1399.00

Am not sure if it is the right one. If it is not, can you let me know which patch to apply.

Thanks

Where ever you got this information from. This needs to also have service pack 2 and the patch applied. This is your incompatablility issue. The management studio is on original version, no service patches are applied.

• Could you please point me out exactly which service pack to apply? I am lost, i did whatever i could.

Thank you.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply