Prizes

• How about a moderately fast used P3 or P4 laptop? Bob Johnson.com has some pretty good deals. And if we happen to own something better (I'm using the group 'We' as I doubt that I'll be attending), we can always give it to a kid or a charity.

Until it lost half of its memory, I had a ThinkPad T23 running XP Pro, SQL Server 2000/2005 (depending on when) on 256 meg of ram and it was pretty responsive.

-----
    [font="Arial"]Knowledge is of two kinds. We know a subject ourselves or we know where we can find information upon it. --Samuel Johnson[/font]

• Several vendors gave out Wiis at TechEd. Personally, I have one and I wouldn't even consider trading it for a 360 or PS3.

I do like P_Jones' idea for a nice prize to pass on to the spousal unit. I am already catching hell from the little lady if I so much as mention it!

Sorry I don't have any original ideas but I will throw in some more votes for the GPS and the laptop. Maybe a nice tablet PC with 12" screen and core 2 duo. I have seen them for under $2,000

[font="Tahoma"]Bryant E. Byrd, BSSE MCDBA MCAD[/font]
    Business Intelligence Administrator
    MSBI Administration Blog

• I was going to go for the provision of flights & accommodation so that I can come from Australia to get to the event - but then the suggestion of a track day with some half-decent cars sounds like a damn fine idea as well...

The closest I get to a track day is taking the Mustang out there.... but it hasn't run for 4 years and the motor is sitting on a stand beside it....   Man I miss driving that car...

A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.

• LEGO NXT!!!

Hehee

• A Garmin sounds interesting and maybe some Legos

I'll probably get 2-3 nice prizes and then let the winners pick. Don't forget to use the SSC source code when you register!

• Pizza gift cards, movie tickets, cell phone contracts, etc sound nice, but not all of us attending the conference are from the US. An amazon gift voucher on the other hand....

Steve, be grateful for that 3 hour flight. I'm looking at 20 hours again , if I can persuade the boss to let me go.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • One for the car would be really cool.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply