Privacy Problems in Apps

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item Privacy Problems in Apps

• From the article:

One of the main things that many scientists and governments have desired to help control the spread of disease is contact tracing.

I wish they had the same thing for diseased code and apps. 😀  If such things could be traced back to the source, perhaps people would be a bit more careful when writing them.

My brother used to say, "Make a rule, lose a right".

We can now say, "Download an app, lose a privacy".

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

• I wish tech companies took the implicit confidentiality agreement regarding patient data as seriously as the healthcare profession has done over the past centuries.

People deserve better than having to pick between staying healthy and retaining their privacy.

• We certainly shouldn't from tech companies. The problem is that scientists and government often don't have good expertise, especially around security. Really, it's a mess all around.

• From the article:

"It's also likely some malicious actors built apps to collect data..."

Likely?  Have you heard of TikTok?

Security company Zimperium had its own look at TikTok and it says its a security risk. Anonymous has said to “delete this Chinese spyware now.” The Pentagon advises that TikTok should be deleted from phones. Something that the US Army has taken heed of.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply