Printing from generic SSRS report

• I have a generic SSRS report that contains some text and bar codes. I wish to print it but when I try to export it to PDF the bar codes are replaced by the strings they represent. When I right click on the report and try to print, I get all of the surrounding info as well. e.g. the string data that is used to make the bar codes, header info, etc. I can get what I want if I export to Word but the machine I will have this report generated on will not have Word. Is there a way to quick print the SSRS without the header info and such from the report itself without exporting either?

• Not sure what you mean by generic, but a report with barcodes doesn't sound generic.

How are the bar codes generated? Given the behavior, I suspect they are using a bar code font... which is either not installed on the local PC or not supported by the printer.

Or are the barcodes generated as graphics images?

• They are generated using a bar code 39 font in a parameter field. It is installed on the local PC and is supported by the printer. I am just not sure why it won't export to PDF. It exports to Word fine. To take it back a step, when the SSRS report is displayed in a browser, printing directly from there gets the header info and such which is undesirable too.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by  jbailie.
    • This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by  jbailie.
  • Is the font installed on the server where SSRS is running?

That is where the export takes place, and where the font has to be embedded in the PDF. Font embedding in the PDF takes place at the time of creation. I believe Word probably does the font rendering dynamically (when opened), so it can use the font on the local PC.

• I will try to determine this.

• The font is installed. Not sure where to look now. If I could get the PDF thing to work, it'd be great but am flummoxed as to where to go.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply