print control problem in SSRS 2008

• Hi,

We have a web applincation running at a server with the following configuration.

windows 2008 enterprise edition (64bit)

SQL Server 2008 with SSRS

visual studio 2008

After automatic windows update the website started giving problem with the SSRS Reportviewer print control button.

Whenever a user try to take print out, the following message is being displayed.

unable to load client print control

I searched in google and tried installing Windows SP1, Visual Studio SP1. Tried to install the gdiplus.dll, reportviewer also.. But all in vain. Still problem persists.

What is the reason? and hot to resolve this issue....

Any Help?...

• I would suggest you to read this 2 articles which might be useful.

Reporting Services and the MS09-062 GDR (GDI+)

http://blogs.msdn.com/psssql/archive/2009/10/15/reporting-services-and-the-ms09-062-gdr-gdi.aspx

Brian Hartman's Report Viewer Blog: GDI+ Updated again

http://blogs.msdn.com/brianhartman/archive/2009/10/13/gdi-updated-again.aspx

• thanks for the links.

I've gone through the articles.... I updated the reportviewer (win 2008 sp1) also. Restarted IIS (ver 7)

Reports are working only when we access (even from client) directly the report server URL in browser (ie8) then it's working.

If we access through the website, then it's not working. When I checked the view source to check the report viewer version, it's 8.0.50727.1826. Microsoft site tells, it should be 9.0.30.729.1 after the updation.

• did you installed the security update for report viewer 2008 sp1 GDIPLUS.DLL? (KB971119)

• I've installed the report viewer 2008 sp1 GDIPLUS.DLL(KB971119). KB971118 also installed.

The server has been restarted after installation. Problem not resolved.

• Hi, I advice you to have a try of RAQ Report, for it provides powerful print function for users.

The setting dialog box is shown below:

Regards,

becklery.

RAQ Report: Web-based Excel-like Java reporting tool[/url]

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply