primary filegroup is full

• I was trying to make a change on data type of a column. I got an error the job is terminated because of the primary filegroup is full. I checked the database properties. Both size growths were set autogrow. There is enough free space on the disk. What might be possible problems?

Any input will be greatly appreciated.

• There are some things that "time out" before the autogrow finishes. I think this might be one.

Try to increase the size of the filegroup and see if that helps. I think that's what's worked before.

• Hi,

Wht ever steve has suggested will work. In past same i have fixed this kind of issue with the same way.

• Hi,

Please check your autogrowth of your data files if you have many either you need work with the Autogrowth settings accroding to your conveninence some time you may get an error like Primary FG is full could not allocate space for the Object if nothings works you have to add additonal files to your FG.

Regards,

Uday

• If you add another file, you'll need to make it the default, so that new objects are created there.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply