Preparing for Disaster

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item Preparing for Disaster

• Cause and effect, folks. Cause and effect. Who knew that this cause would have that effect. Fire? And here I thought that vengeance was a dish best served cold. Hmm. We should look at the JOINS in Derek's query for the responses to challenges tables. Some thing is causing him to not return enough rows and fall right to this as the first choice for a response. Might the JOIN to POSSIBLE_BAD_OUTCOME_OF_ACTION have failed entirely?

Is is just me or has any other person spotted the trend that Derek does not use contractions in his speech? Is it by design or just bad Data? Say is ain't so!

ATBCharles Kincaid

• I get where you going Charles. I instead have few Questions.

1. Is it feasible to have a disaster recovery?

2. What if we lose all the digital things we have about our company?

3. Do we have hard copy of our business data?

Based on the above other people think that it is easier to implement the easy way rather than trying to preventing something than is unlikely to happen.

What you don't know won't hurt you but what you know will make you plan to know better
  • Altough I was making fun of the cartoon I'll reply to you message in all seriousness.

1. Is it feasible to have a disaster recovery?

While you might not be able to protect agaist everything there are reasonable precautions that should be taken.

2. What if we lose all the digital things we have about our company?

There is more money in the world than there is hard currency. If you are in the finacial side of things the data is the reality.

3. Do we have hard copy of our business data?

See point 2 above. Then you should see an office where a hurricane has hit. Happened to one of my customers. The electronic records came back in a few days when the power came back. The paper trail took over two months to reconstruct.

Fire is a reality. It can take out your hard copy and your data at the same time.

ATBCharles Kincaid

• Full proof plan!!! No doubt!!!!:w00t:

• Talk about a disaster upon a disaster.

Could have added that all backups have been erased.

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply