PREEMPTIVE_OS_GETPROCADDRESS

• Happy Friday all!!!

We use LiteSpeed for all our backups and have noticed the lovely new (guest not so new...) wait type "PREEMPTIVE_OS_GETPROCADDRESS" is showing up as a long wait type in our monitoring tools.

I have seen the other threads on this and what no one explains  "if there a way to decrease this wait time"?  Currently we have a t-log backup job that is taking 10 minutes because of this (for two very small databases).  I do realize there could be other issues, but since I see "PREEMPTIVE_OS_GETPROCADDRESS" quite often on other servers, was wondering if anyone has any idea how we can "reduce" this wait time (or eliminate)?

Thanks.

• Edward Shaw - Friday, August 3, 2018 10:00 AM

Happy Friday all!!!

We use LiteSpeed for all our backups and have noticed the lovely new (guest not so new...) wait type "PREEMPTIVE_OS_GETPROCADDRESS" is showing up as a long wait type in our monitoring tools.

I have seen the other threads on this and what no one explains  "if there a way to decrease this wait time"?  Currently we have a t-log backup job that is taking 10 minutes because of this (for two very small databases).  I do realize there could be other issues, but since I see "PREEMPTIVE_OS_GETPROCADDRESS" quite often on other servers, was wondering if anyone has any idea how we can "reduce" this wait time (or eliminate)?

Thanks.

It depends on the command with that wait type. If it's one of Quests extended stored procedures, you would need to contact them.

Sue

• Edward Shaw - Friday, August 3, 2018 10:00 AM

Happy Friday all!!!

Thanks.

This wait type is related to the execution of extended stored procedures, a hint to where to start looking.
    😎

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply