Precedence in math

• Hmm, don't really see where operator precedence comes in?

• That would be the B in BODMAS

• What type of White it is? Pure White or Cream.. or Grayish....

It depends: before or after the ride.

• Carlo Romagnano (1/11/2013)

Unbelievable, 98% of right answers! I think it's the record on ssc.

Next, I will submit the following question:

What color was the Napoleon's WHITE horse?

๐Ÿ˜›

African or European WHITE horse?

• African or European WHITE horse?

Monty Python reference?

Wayne

Did you get access denied? Great the security works.

• Carlo Romagnano (1/11/2013)

What type of White it is? Pure White or Cream.. or Grayish....

It depends: before or after the ride.

Hmm Interesting.....;-)

• I would like to see more of this type, making them hard as they go. Up to 5 or 6 variables mixed with and without parentheses and numerous orders of operations.

Good to get back to basic mathematics.

• Thanks for the back to basics question! It's nice to return to the basics every once in a while and make sure none of the foundation is slipping away.

Cheers,

Andre Ranieri

• Nice QoTD..

easy one but..

• SQLRNNR (1/9/2013)

I completely disagree.

Only for the sake of creating discord, malcontent, and to be argumentative because there is nothing in the question to whine about otherwise.

So that now we can all whine about Jason's comment? But if we all do it, there'll be no discord, unless Jason whines about our complaints.

Actually, just to create some discord, I think the question is far too easy. And I'm appalled that 23 people out of 1210 got it wrong; but looking at the error rates on some other questions, perhaps I should be surprised that so few got it wrong.

Tom

• L' Eomot Inversรฉ

Actually, just to create some discord, I think the question is far too easy. And I'm appalled that 23 people out of 1210 got it wrong; but looking at the error rates on some other questions, perhaps I should be surprised that so few got it wrong.

My typical (average) percentage incorrect has been close to 40% - and discussions have gotten hot and heavry.

Sort of figured that I would mend my ways ..... but fear not, that urge will soon disappear .

If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.

Ron

Please help us, help you -before posting a question please read[/url]
    Before posting a performance problem please read[/url]

• bitbucket-25253 (1/12/2013)

My typical (average) percentage incorrect has been close to 40% - and discussions have gotten hot and heavry.

40% is a good number - in my much smaller contribution of questions than yours I've aimed at, and generally hoplessly missed, 33.3% incorrect, because that seems a reasonable level for teaching (which what I want to do - teaching not testing) but 40% is pretty much the same; maybe some of my miss rate has been because people think writing (writing, not copying) code to determine the answer is cheating, which is absolute rubbish for some of the questions I've posed (for example I'd like to know the references, if anyone found any documented answers, for some of my collation questions).

Sort of figured that I would mend my ways ..... but fear not, that urge will soon disappear .

Well, I'm looking forward to the rest of what's clearly a long series of questions: your rate of question generation must be many times mine.

BTW: I'm pissed off about the collation on Adventureworks ๐Ÿ˜€ :angry: :doze: :alien: :hehe:

Tom

• Thanks for the (easy) question.

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

• Bizarrely helped my daughter with do these BODMAS based questions a few weeks ago for her school homework!!! ๐Ÿ˜€

MCITP
    MCTS - E-Business Card
    Twitter: WWDMark

Try not! Do or do not, there is no try

email: info@weekendwebdesign.co.uk
    Personal Website: http://markallen.co.uk/
    Business Website: https://www.weekendwebdesign.co.uk

Viewing 14 posts - 46 through 58 (of 58 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply