Power pivot connectivity issue with tabular cube

• Hi,

When I'm trying to connect to a tabular cube via Power Pivot in Excel 2010, I'm getting an error

"The following system error occurred: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host failed to respond"

Could you please suggest what may be the issue? I'm using windows authentication to connect.

Also, please let me know if I have to do some testing to check whether it is an access issue or firewall issue or something else.

Thanks.

Jim

• Jim1234 (5/25/2015)

Hi,

When I'm trying to connect to a tabular cube via Power Pivot in Excel 2010, I'm getting an error

"The following system error occurred: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host failed to respond"

Could you please suggest what may be the issue? I'm using windows authentication to connect.

Also, please let me know if I have to do some testing to check whether it is an access issue or firewall issue or something else.

Thanks.

Jim

Qi

Quick thought, the problem is not your credentials but the connectivity to the server, check the parameters.

😎

• Thanks Eirikur. Please suggest how to test the parameters or the proxy. So that I can inform the concern team (firewall team) with data.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply