Post SP4 hotfixes

• I just inherited a SQL Server 2000 cluster and although it has SP4 installed, some of the issues reported seem to be fixed in some of the later hotfixes for 2000 SP4 (particularly hotfix 2040 for example).

I know that with SQL Server 2005 I can get all the hotfixes (or at least all except the absolute latest) with a single cumulative update, but I was unable to find a list of cumulative updates for SQL Server 2000. Do they exist?

• Go thru this link-->http://www.aspfaq.com/sql2000builds.asp

Hope u find it useful.

MJ

• Yes they do exist. As you mentioned you are at build 2040 but there is a latest build version 2187 that has all the Post SP4 hoftixes regressed into it. I had an issue which required the hotfix post SP4 and then I installed the 2187.Its working fine for me, I did not find any issues with it.

The_SQL_DBA
    MCTS

"Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction and skillful execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives."

• I only installed SP 4. The version info is:

[font="Courier New"]/*-----------------------------

select @@version

-----------------------------*/

Microsoft SQL Server 2000 - 8.00.2050 (Intel X86)

Mar 7 2008 21:29:56

Copyright (c) 1988-2003 Microsoft Corporation

Standard Edition on Windows NT 5.0 (Build 2195: Service Pack 4)[/font]

Build 2187 appears to be outdated. This was done at least 6 months ago and not subsequent hot fixes were applied.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply