Possible to Run SQL Task and Data Task Flow in Parallel

• Hello, I have three steps, that are the same as one another just a different table of focus, a Delete table that connects to a data flow task that runs SQL on Teradata and lands data on local SQL Server. Right now I have that in a Sequence Container. I know that if I didn't have it in the Seq Cont that it would still run in a sequential manner. How can I run this all in parallel, if possible? Thanks

• quinn.jay - Monday, July 16, 2018 9:40 AM

Hello, I have three steps, that are the same as one another just a different table of focus, a Delete table that connects to a data flow task that runs SQL on Teradata and lands data on local SQL Server. Right now I have that in a Sequence Container. I know that if I didn't have it in the Seq Cont that it would still run in a sequential manner. How can I run this all in parallel, if possible? Thanks

Tasks in SSIS run sequentially, if they are connected by precedence constraints. 
    If you do not add precedence constraints, the tasks run in parallel.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply