Point in time recovery (EM)

• When trying a point in time recovery on a 2000 machine I get the symtoms described in Technet (Q297468). This basically tells me to reset the dateformat and reissue the restore. I'm trying to do the restore using EM and I'm not having any joy.

The embarrassing thing it that I've gotten around this before but I can't remember how. I'm really going to have to do some more documentation

DeltaKilo

• Grazie Franco

EM has always worked for me. If I really need to use QA I will but when showing other users how to do this EM is ideal.

Regards,

DeltaKilo

• I agree. EM usually works, but if you need something specific like point in time, you'd be better off with QA.

Steve Jones

steve@dkranch.net

• I've done point in time several times using EM with no problem, maybe just lucky?

Andy

• probably beginner's luck . I'm sure it works, but if it fails, you are stuck holding pieces and may end up manually doing it instead. I like just doing it my way first and ensureing it works.

Steve Jones

steve@dkranch.net

• That is so pessimistic. I bet you do backups in case the server crashes too.

Andy

• You do backups because you know the server will crash if you don't.

corollary

The server will crash just before you notice the backups have been failing.

Cursors never.
    DTS - only when needed and never to control.

• I remember how I did it before. I'm going to pass on the whole EM vs QA discussion. If EM does it that's good enough for now. I'm getting around to QA but only when I have the time to teach myself. Vive L'Gui

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply