Please tell me the reason for this error!!

• Hi,

I have one SSIS packages, everything is fine, but I just want to find what is the reason for the below error. Earlier to this error I added one filtercondition in the sql command.

please find the details as below.

TITLE: Microsoft Visual Studio

------------------------------

The metadata of the following output columns does not match the metadata of the external columns with which the output columns are associated:

Output "OLE DB Source Output": "ASUP_ID"

Do you want to replace the metadata of the output columns with the metadata of the external columns?

BUTTONS:

&Yes

&No

Data Access Mode: SQL COMMAND

SQL COMMAND

SELECT a.*

FROM H_VOL_UTIL a

WHERE a.ASUP_ID > ?

AND ASUP_ID LIKE '201[4-5][0-1][0-9]%'

Thanks in advance,

Prabhu

• Prabhu

You haven't really given us enough information to help you properly. But what I would try is to list the columns in your SELECT statement instead of doing SELECT *, and then make sure that those columns match up with your output list. You may find it easier to delete the task and start again with a new one.

John

• The error means that the data type for ASUP_ID (according to the metadata) has changed either in the input or the output of the task and by clicking "Yes" the output column's data type will be changed to match the data type of the input column. Usually this is when an int is changed to bigint or something similar. SSIS is fixing it for you if you ckick "Yes"

• John,

I will do the correction you suggested, thanks.

Jack.

the answer which you gave me is what I expected, thank you so such..

-Prabhu

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply