Please help me about VBScript for sqlserver

• Hi to all,

I'm hearing about vbscript now a days, what actually the vbscript, and why we go for this. i need some guidelines so please provider any helpful links.

thanks,

🙂

• hi to all,

how vbscript is useful for sqlserver. please provider some information.

🙂

• vrabhadram (4/30/2009)

hi to all,

how vbscript is useful for sqlserver. please provider some information.

VBScript doesn't really apply to SQL Server. VBScript is a scripting language, usually used for client-side code in browser-based applications, or sometimes as an automation tool to help with certain tasks; but, there's no direct relevance to SQL Server.

• VBScript can help you automate repetitive processes, especially where they need a mix of SQL Server tasks and Windows tasks.

SQL Server FineBuild is written using VBScript and some CMD scripts. If you download it from CodePlex you can see the VBScript does a lot of programming logic and sometimes calls SQL Server or Windows commands to do things.

VBScript may not always be the best tool for the job. If what you want to do is completely within SQL Server, then use a Stored Procedure. If you need best possible performance then use .Net managed code.

Also, Powershell will increasingly take over from VBScript as the language to use. If you want to do some scripting and do not already know VBScript then I recommend you learn Powershell.

Original author: https://github.com/SQL-FineBuild/Common/wiki/ 1-click install and best practice configuration of SQL Server 2019, 2017 2016, 2014, 2012, 2008 R2, 2008 and 2005.

When I give food to the poor they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor they call me a communist - Archbishop Hélder Câmara

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply