PLEASE HELP - Extra columns in Excel reports with SP2

• I would like to upgrade to Reporting Services SP2, so that I can specify colours for the lines on the charts, and use simplepageheader parameter to get the header into the header within Excel reports, however, the generated Excel file has extra columns at the end of months and the end of the data with totals put in.  We could possible accept the additional coloumn if it was labeled but it is not.  Does anybody know if I can prevent these columns from being generated, either by changing something in the report or by specifying a device setting parameter.  I haven't been able to find anything in MSDN about this.

Many thanks

Even if you don't know the answer, if you have any ideas of how I can get round this I would greatly appreciate them as I am completely stuck and I am getting flack from the users about the colours in the charts.

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• Hello,

This is only an observation that may assist you. From my experience, the extra columns appear when you have more than one table in your report, and the widths and or number of columns differ. I have had this issue in the past, and the work around I found was to have both tables the same width and number of columns. Now, this may require quite a few merged cells, but it worked for me.

Hope this helps....

Personal Motto: Why push the envelope when you can just open it?

If you follow the direction given HERE[/url] you'll likely increase the number and quality of responses you get to your question.

Jason L. Selburg

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply