please expliang backup types.

• Hi to all,

i'm very much confused about WITH MOVE,WITH REPLACE. WHEN TO USE THESE OPTIONS.

Thanks.

🙂

• First question, have you read the information regarding these clauses in Books Online (BOL)? If so, can you explain a little more as to what is confusing you regarding these clauses. I really don't want to just give you a "text book" answer here, as I want to be sure you understand them and when they are used. It will help to know a little more about what you do understand about the RESTORE DATABASE command first, as well as being sure you have read the information in BOL.

• thanks,

actually i have a problem, i have a backup file it was in multiple files, when i'm trying to restore it's giving error.

🙂

• Well then, wouldn't it be better to actually post what the problem is rather than post other questions that may or may not actually help? Please provide as much information regarding the problem, including the full error message and the code you are using to complete the restore. If using the GUI interface, have it script the restore command for you and then post that.

• All further replies should be directed here.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply