PK and FK relationship with missing record

• Two prblms: When I insert via a begin tranx block, one of my tbls t_report is not getting their record inserted. (Note, this happens to about one / 1000 records per day, also no error is reported. This in turn is creating my other problem; which is when I am trying to select a record from t_account, and the corresponding fk is missing; the behavior is as if the record does not exist.

t_acct has a PK key which corresponds to the FK in t_report. Note, the original programmer set this relationship up, which does not seem to be needed.

I would like to remove this relationship; I currently have @ 300k records created with this relationship. Can I remove the FK property?

• quote:

Two prblms: When I insert via a begin tranx block, one of my tbls t_report is not getting their record inserted. (Note, this happens to about one / 1000 records per day, also no error is reported. This in turn is creating my other problem; which is when I am trying to select a record from t_account, and the corresponding fk is missing; the behavior is as if the record does not exist.

t_acct has a PK key which corresponds to the FK in t_report. Note, the original programmer set this relationship up, which does not seem to be needed.

I would like to remove this relationship; I currently have @ 300k records created with this relationship. Can I remove the FK property?

1st problem:

do u do inserts on the two tables in one tran block? verify whether ur rollback stmt is placed correctly.

use outer join if you want to see values from a table joined to another table without matching keys.

2nd problem:

you can remove your FK by altering the table, but i dont think thats a good idea.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply