Pivot Table Service and the 6.Generation

• Hi, using Office2003 with PTS, measures of members that are deeper in hierarchie than 5 are not displayed. Instead of the Euro-amount "#NV" is displayed. Any idea? Ralf 

• You may want to look at your client cache size, and probably more relevant the 'LargeLeve' setting (both set on the connection string oth with defaults). You may not be getting all of the members bck from the server.  Take a quick look at this post where changing the setting allowed more members to be returned.

Cheers,

Steve.

• Hi Steve,

I increased the "Large Level" for the spezific database on AS from 1,000 to 10,000 but the 6.th level was still displayed in Excel PTS as #NV. I tried the same with MIS Plain Excel AddIn an the correct Sum was displayed... :-(( Where can I increase the client cash size?

Ralf

• ....and re-started the OLAP Service. But it didn't help...

• both properties should be set in the connection string.  If you're using excel, this will normally mean searching the 'Documents and Settings' directory (normally off your c:\) for *.oqy files.  These contain the connection strings for your cube queries.  If you're using the excel acellerator/add-in, then you should be able to set provider options in the 'manage connections' section.

With the clientcachesize property, if the number you enter is <=99 it uses this as an indication of the percent o memory (physical and non) to use, if it's 100+ then it uses this as the number of K memory it should use.

Did you do the large level threshold on your connection strin or on the server, as i thought they have two different different purposes?

Steve.

• Hi Steve,

I set the "large level threshold" on the server from 1,000 to 10,000.

We don't use excel acellerator/add-in. We use Excel. I set "Client Cache Size" in conection string from 25 to 150000. Whithout any effect.

Measures are still missing in the 6. Level:

Ergebnis
    #NV
    #NV

How do I set "large level threshold" in the following connection sting? 

QueryType=OLEDB

Version=1

CommandType=Cube

Connection=Provider=MSOLAP.2;Data Source=LR1253;Initial Catalog=LR_Monatsultimo;Client Cache Size=150000;Auto Synch Period=10000

CommandText=Liquiditaet

Ralf

• P.S.: The dimension, that doesn't show it's measures in the 6. Level, is a parent-child-dimension and has 292 members...

Ralf

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply