PINTABLE

• Good question, Jason. Thanks for making me do some research.

• Hany Helmy (8/27/2015)

SQLRNNR (8/26/2015)

ygozudeli (8/25/2015)

I guess the question has a little mistake in the correct answer options.

When we use EXECUTE function, we have "Command(s) executed successfully" in stead of the default DBCC execution message. I saw this at least...

If executed exactly as-is in the qotd, it will produce the DBCC text that was an answer option.

If the query was executed in a session in SSMS where you have changed the execution behavior of SSMS to set "NOEXEC" on (or enabled it for the session), then the output would have been what you saw. Even with that, it is not a mistake in the question. The execution message is suppressed due to a setting that has been enabled for your management studio. And since the execution of the statement provided was not actually executed due to the noexec - well none of the answers would be correct because the statement was never actually executed.

I am curious where this "NOEXEC" option?!

It's right here: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms188394.aspx

• Sean Lange (8/26/2015)

Great question.

I have always laughed when I saw this because it is all caps it is not exactly clear when reading where the word breaks are. I have always read this incorrectly first as PintAble (as in a good beer that is worthy of being in a pint glass). 😀

Cute, I like it.

• Sean Lange (8/26/2015)

Now when referring to the swill often mistakenly called beer by a large number of people in the US it is a different story entirely. But those are the people who must drink their beverage as close to freezing as possible to avoid actually tasting it. 😉

It seems that the USA has something in common with Australia there. We used to refer to "Kangaroo Valley Beer Disease", thinking that the reason for the "beer" in Earl's Court (known at the time as "Kangaroo Valley", because Australians were rather dense in that part of London - dense in population, I mean, of course, although I've heard it said that the figurative use of the word would also be appropriate for anyone who drank that stuff) being served so cold was that all the bars had been infected with some ghastly microorganism which ensured that if the taste buds were not numbed it would be possible to detect that the Australian beers served there tasted even worse than the most revolting British keg swill.

Tom

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply