PGP a File with an Execute Process Task

• Just started a new job and this SSIS package started failing. It was a mess to get to the password to open the package, but now that I have it open and am trying to troubleshoot it, I have no idea what the following error code means:

[Execute Process Task] Error: In Executing "C:\Program Files\PGPeBusiness\pgp.exe" "-e "\\spa-ftpstore1\automated\Prod\159079_XXXX\XXXXIDF\BASIC_CERTS_20140909221650.TXT" cmgsmpfd" at "",

The process exit code was "21" while the expected was "0".

I have been attempting to research this for a couple of hours now and I am not coming up with anything.

The EPT is set up with the following:

Executable: C:\Program Files\PGPeBusiness\PGP.exe

Arguments: -e "\\spa-ftpstore1\automated\Prod\159079_XXXX\XXXXIDF\" cmgsmpfd

FailTaskIfReturnCodeIsNotSuccessValue: True

SuccessValue: 0

TimeOut: 0

WindowStyle: Normal

The following expression is set up as well:

"-e \"" + @[User::BaseDirectory] + @[User::FileName] + "\" cmgsmpfd"

With @[User::BaseDirectory] being \\spa-ftpstore1\automated\Prod\159079_XXXX\XXXXIDF\ and @[User::FileName] BASIC_CERTS_20140909221650.TXT. The file name variable gets populated during run time.

I can see that the package creates the file and places it out on the FTP store without issue.

If anyone can point me in the right direction on this, I would greatly appreciate it.

• Three more bits of information...

1. I have found that exit code 21 means "The device is not ready"

2. This is failing while running the package via BIDS.

3. There is a CozyRoc SFTP task in the package as well, but the package is failing before it get to the CozyRoc task.

Thanks Again!

• One more bit of information...

Using this link:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/sqlserver/en-US/04bce059-5a37-41bd-a813-a3f24fd359c6/passing-arguments-to-execute-process-task-in-ssis-2005

The Standard Output variable is telling me:

User::StdOutput{\r\rRecipients' public key(s) will be used to encrypt.\r\rCannot find the public key matching userid 'user'\rThis user will not be able to decrypt this message.\r\aEncryption error\r\rFor a usage summary, type: pgp -h\rFor more detailed help, consult the PGP User's Guide.\r}String

Does this mean that our client changed something on their end?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply