Permissions Problem with MS Access Project

• Have you applied the latest service releases for Access on her machine? There are issues with Access 2000 projects and SQL Server 2000 where Access 2000 does not have the latest service release. Also, what version of MDAC are you using on her machine?

All the best,

Dale

• If she has Microsoft Office 2000 SR-1/SR-1a or higher and the SQL Server 2000 Client Tools she should be up to date and we can eliminate that issue.

All the best,

Dale

• By the way, the article I referred to from Microsoft does also apply to Access 2000 (see the link that was embedded in that article) so if you ever have any of those issues, please refer back to that article.

All the best,

Dale

• Dale,

While troubleshooting this, I did see some of the information you provided about some of the incompatibilities between Access 2000/MDAC and SQL Server 2000 (which is what we're running). I'll have to double-check exactly what updates she has on her machine. I think she's running the SR-1a update (I know that the "computer people" have not, and do not, plan to install SR-2 in the near future). I'm not sure what version of MDAC she has. Unfortunately, she's in a another department and she does not have local admin access to her machine so I can't install any updates -- or I would. If we cannot get the Access 2000 project to work right, she'll probably have to use the SQL Client tools. She cannot, of course, install these tools herself, or we would have by now. I'll have to see if I can get them installed on her machine. I'll also have to check on exactly what updates she is currently running. I'll keep working on the problem at my end. It may well be related to the "updates". I'll let you know when I get some additional info on her system. Thanks for your help.

Denis W. Repke

Denis W. Repke

• OK. Good luck! I know how it is when all the machines are locked out by IT. Call in trouble ticket... Wait and see... wait and see...

All the best,

Dale

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply