"Perfromance counter registry hive consistency" failed attempting to add a new instance.

• I recenty upgraded my development system fro Windows 7 32-bit to 64-bit. The first time I tried this, when I got to the point of installing SQLserver (after installing various tools and updates), it failed due to the above check failure, and after lots of searching, I gave up and started again.

The second time, I installed the base system (Win-7 SP1), VS2K8, VS2K8 SP1 then SQLserver 2K8 R2. This was successfull so I carried on and installed other tools and updates (e.g. Office 2010, IE9 etc).

I now need to add a new instance, but am getting the same check failure. This time, obviously, starting from scratch isn't an option, so I need to fix the error. I already tried 'LODCTR /R' from an administrator command shell, but, although the command reported a successful restore, SQLServer setup still refuses to proceed.

Can anyone suggest a way to fix this?

Derek

• While not exactly a fix, I found a way to get past the problem!

Instead of just starting SETUP, I ran it from a command prompt using:

SETUP /ACTION=Install /SKIPRULES=PerfMonCounterNotCorruptedCheck

Of couse, this simply tells SETUP not to do the check and doesn't actually fix the problem, but at least it gets my new instance installed!

Derek

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply