Performance Reports

• Does anybody know of DMV's or reports that will show the historical performance of the stored procedures on the server? Also if that data is stored in a table or tables, what is the retention period and can it be adjusted?

Thanks for your time...

• Thanks for links Ninja...

I was hoping to avoid running a trace but, if that's the only way to get the job done I'll do it. I probably should have explained in more detail what I am trying to accomplish. We would like to get some baseline numbers for our stored procedures. For example, stored procedure A has been taking 200ms to run the last 3 months now it's taking 300ms. We would like to get some baseline numbers so, when there's a jump we can look into it before performance on the server becomes heavily degraded...

• dsorensen 74234 (5/6/2011)

Thanks for links Ninja...

I was hoping to avoid running a trace but, if that's the only way to get the job done I'll do it. I probably should have explained in more detail what I am trying to accomplish. We would like to get some baseline numbers for our stored procedures. For example, stored procedure A has been taking 200ms to run the last 3 months now it's taking 300ms. We would like to get some baseline numbers so, when there's a jump we can look into it before performance on the server becomes heavily degraded...

Unfortunately there's no simple way to do that without tracing SP: Completed. That trace is relatively lightweight run serverside however.

- Craig Farrell

Never stop learning, even if it hurts. Ego bruises are practically mandatory as you learn unless you've never risked enough to make a mistake.

For better assistance in answering your questions[/url] | Forum Netiquette
    For index/tuning help, follow these directions.[/url] |Tally Tables[/url]

Twitter: @AnyWayDBA

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply