Performance Dashboard

• Guys, has anyone tried using this free Microsoft Performance Dashboard tool that can be downloaded from this link?

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=1d3a4a0d-7e0c-4730-8204-e419218c1efc&displaylang=en

I am having problem to preview it. Basically, my environment is this:

1. I have a databse server. This is where I download everything and run the setup.sql and I could see all the stored procs in my MSDB.

2. My reporting server is in a different box( but it gains the info and data from the database server). This is where I open the Visual Studio and then open up the SSRS and run my report. I am trying to preview the report, but I am getting this 'query execution failed for dataset 'CHECK_DEPENDENCIES'. Could not find stored procedure msdb.MSPerfDashboard.usp_Check_Dependencies'

I am able to see the report when I browse it on my web browser. But when I click any of those report there, the same error comes back. Some please help me. I am trying to use this useful tool.

[font="Verdana"]Imagination is more important than knowledge-Albert Einstein[/font]

• Guys, I am replying the answer for my own question here. Hopefully someone else will get an opportunity learning from what I have done here. The problem was with the datasource. I had an instance on the database side and pointed there. It is working fine now.

[font="Verdana"]Imagination is more important than knowledge-Albert Einstein[/font]

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply