Peoplesoft on SQL Server

• Although somewhat uncommon I think, we are running Peoplesoft HR and Financials on SQL Server. I just inherited the environment.

We are presently running on SQL Server 2005 about to make the move (long time coming) to SQL Server 2008.

Who else out there is running PS on SQL Server as well? I would be interested in bouncing some observations off of others and maybe share some overall experiences.

Thanks!

• mnDBA (2/27/2011)

Although somewhat uncommon I think, we are running Peoplesoft HR and Financials on SQL Server. I just inherited the environment.

We are presently running on SQL Server 2005 about to make the move (long time coming) to SQL Server 2008.

Who else out there is running PS on SQL Server as well? I would be interested in bouncing some observations off of others and maybe share some overall experiences.

Thanks!

Previous employer run PS HR and Finance on SQL Server. I was there and did the migrations from SQL Server 2000 to SQL Server 2005 and from SQL Server 2005 to SQL Server 2008.

We had very little trouble with the move from 2005 to 2008.

• We run PS HR 9.0 on SQL Server 2008 in 2005 compatability mode since 2008 wasn't supported on Peopletools 8.49. When I upgrade to Peopletools 8.5 or higher, I will change it over from 2005 compatability mode to 2008. We've had no issues.

• Hello,

There are a ton of customers with the PeopleSoft/SQL Server combination. There are some user communitites on Oracle Mix and Microsoft-Oracle COE.

HTH!

• I was just curious if there were many SQL back ends left out there for PeopleSoft these days. We still are for now, but the Oracle reps make it sound like we are the last ones on the planet doing so 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply