PDF Report format

• Hi,

I am trying to export a wide report to a PDF file but it ends up split across 3 pages.

Are there any controls that you can specify Landscape/Portrait and can it be shrunk to fit on 1 page ect?

Tiif exports come out the same.

Regards

Col

• Are you using reporting services? I have not had a problem getting them to fit as of yet.

• Hi

Yes - this is when I export a report to PDF, if the report is very wide it will create the PDF in portrait (I suppose this could be changed in the setup prior to it being created) however the report will be spread across say 3 pages the left part of the report on the first page, the middle part of the report on the second page and the right hand side of the report on the 3rd page.

Are you saying you have exported a report from RS to a PDF that has had to compress the report to fit to 1 page ?

Regards

Col

• Sorry to cut in.... just wondering... where can I download the SQL reporting services? 

• From what I have done so far an 14 X 11 report turned into 8.5 X 11 in PDF with no problem

• Thanks Scott,

I take it you would have mentioned if you had changed your setup in Adobe, so the next question is what version of Adobe Writer are you using?

Col.

• I exported it directly from reporting services to pdf not the pdf distiller. Why would you use that?

• Hi,

sorry, the pdf writer is for another product. I do export directly from Reporting Services but do NOT get a nice result, I will try different workstations to see if its workstation specific. At least I know it does work! - thanks for that.

Col

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply