Patching query (8.00.2042 -> 8.00.2187)

• Not having performed any patches on SQL Server 2000 apart from SP1a a long, looooong time ago (had a break for a few years ) I'm just checking through the various patches that make up the Cumulative Fix 2187 - specifically KB 900625.

It states towards the bottom of the KB article that: "...Trace Flag 3625 is required".

Can anyone say whether or not this is actually required? There is no mention of the additional trace flag in the KB article relating to the cumulative patch, so I'm wondering if I need to go through all of the other KB articles to see what other trace flags I need?

OK - OK - I will admit that I don't read anything more into patches than the title to see if it applies to my site. I bet I'm not the only one....

Thanks in advance to all who may provide any assistance.

[Edit]

*oops*... I meant the version number to be 8.00.2039. I was getting it mixed up with SP2 in SS2005 (9.00.3042). D'OH!

A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.

• We run the 2187 level in production without the -T3625 flag.  As described in KB 900625, the 3625 flag masks potentially sensitive user data.  It is up to you to decide if showing this data could be an issue in your installation.

Original author: https://github.com/SQL-FineBuild/Common/wiki/ 1-click install and best practice configuration of SQL Server 2019, 2017 2016, 2014, 2012, 2008 R2, 2008 and 2005.

When I give food to the poor they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor they call me a communist - Archbishop Hélder Câmara

• Hmmm.... I read through the KB article but I seem to have missed that bit.

Maybe I should have stopped praying to the god of coffee and actually opened my eyes to read it?

Thanks for the assist!

A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply