Passing security context/credentials

• Not sure if this is the appropriate forum but I have a SSIS package which calls an external exe which in turn calls a reporting services web service. To date I have been developing in VS2008 and as far as authentication goes I have been passing security credentials through to the web service via the CredentialCache.DefaultNetworkCredentials syntax. This has worked fine until recently when I have decided to start calling the SSIS package using the dtexec command line via Powershell. Upon doing this the exe errors with either an exit code of "-2147023895" or a System.OutOfMemoryException. I have narrowed the issue down to the line of code assigning the security credentials (or perhaps lack of) but don't understand enough to write a work around. Has anyone come across this problem or can advise how to resolve this?

• Finally solved this issue. It appears when my external exe was being executed a pop up relating to another exe failure was being thrown "Application popup: csc.exe - Application Error : The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000017). Click OK to terminate the application. " As my exe execution was encapsulated under the SSIS package I assume it and the pop up were automatically terminated giving the "-2147023895" exit code. The resolution however was in finding what was causing the csc.exe to fail and as it turned out that was due to the memory allocation for the remote powershell session which by default appears to be 150mb. Setting this to 512 on the server solved the problem.

set-item wsman:localhost\Shell\MaxMemoryPerShellMB 512

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply