Passing multi-value parameter to sub report

• Hey all,

Been trying to find an answer online and not having much luck thus far. Basically I have a "dashboard" style report which allows the user to select multiple-values for a specific parameter. I then want that value to be passed to a support sub report by clicking a graph (via action). The problem is though, it's only passing the first value of the parameter: =Parameters!Step.Value(0)

What can be done to support sending all values of the parameter to the sub report?

Thanks

• Use the JOIN function to combine all the values into a single string that you can pass.

From Books Online...

=Join(Parameters! <ParameterName> .Value,", ")

An expression that concatenates all the values in the array of a multivalued parameter of type String into one string.

=Split("Value1, Value2, Value3",",")

Takes a string and creates an array of objects that can be used to pass to a subreport or drillthrough report expecting a multivalue parameter.

• I had this problem too. I believe if you make the subreport parameter multi-value then you can pass it. You'll have to remove the value(0) part. Just pass use =Parameters!Step.

If it doesn't work reply and I'll try to find the report I did this in and double check how i did it. It's been awhile since I did it and I'm not quite awake yet.

• I have a sub report which has 5 graphs which should be filtered by the multi valued parameter passed by the main report. How can i do this. Thanks in advance.

• Anyone was able to resolve this? I have a similar issue?

• if the parameter is multi valued pass it to the subreport like this

=JOIN(Parameters!Step.Value,",")

i just noticed danpintamo said the same thing. Did passing the parameter like this work? the parameter in the sub report also has to be multi valued i believe.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply