Passing a variable from ExecuteSQL task to Oracle OLE DB Source

• I have created a Package ExtractDistributionRecords.

In the Control Flow, I have an Execute SQL task that does a simple query to get the date that an extract last occurred.  This date is stored in a little SQL Server table.  I have to convert the result to the output that is required by Oracle.

SELECT  REPLACE(CONVERT(CHAR(11),LAST_EXTRACT_DATE,106),' ','-') AS LastExtractDate FROM LastExtractDate

In this task, I have mapped the resultset of LastExtractDate to a variable called vExtractDateIn.

I have a Data Flow task that makes the OLE DB connection to Oracle with the following SQL Command:

Select OUTLET_ID, CALLER_ID, PERIOD_ID, PRODUCT_KEY, FACINGS, OUT_OF_STOCK, ADD_DATE, CHANGE_DATE, PROCESSED_FLAG,  FACINGS_ON_ENTRY, OUT_OF_STOCK_ON_ENTRY

FROM   FDR.STOREPRO_DISTRIBUTION sd

WHERE  sd.outlet_id in (select o.outlet_id from fdr.outlet o where  o.outlettype_id in (33,34))

AND ( sd.facings > 0 or (sd.facings = 0 and sd.facings_on_entry > 0)) AND (sd.ADD_DATE <= (select SYSDATE from dual) and  sd.ADD_DATE > :vExtractDateIn)

I then perform the Input Column task into the SQL Server table where I store the data.  The above scenario works when I have a real date in place of the variable.

Now when I use the variable and run the package I get the following error:

[IncrementalExtract_DistributionTransactions [1]] Error: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_OLEDBERROR.  An OLE DB error has occurred. Error code: 0x80040E10. An OLE DB record is available.  Source: "Microsoft OLE DB Provider for Oracle"  Hresult: 0x80040E10  Description: "ORA-01008: not all variables bound ".

I have tried to search on the ORA error message but that doesn't help me in declaring the variable within the OLE DB task and retain my columns.

What am I doing wrong? 

Thanks in advance.

• Hello,

Is the error solved?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply