Passing a Table to a Stored Procedure

• Mick Dugan (2/13/2009)

This is pretty neat, but what I've REALLY been looking for for ages is the ability to pass an entire .Net dataset to a proc. Of course, I've been kind of doing this by passing an xml string representation of the dataset to the proc via the xml datatype, but this grinds to a crawl with really large datasets.

Agreed! 😀

Paul DB

• Calvin Lawson (2/13/2009)

JTo say nothing of the dog...

Nice tag! I didn't think that anyone knew "Three Men In A Boat" anymore. 🙂

[font="Times New Roman"]-- RBarryYoung[/font], [font="Times New Roman"] (302)375-0451[/font] blog: MovingSQL.com, Twitter: @RBarryYoung[font="Arial Black"]
    Proactive Performance Solutions, Inc.
    [/font]
    [font="Verdana"] "Performance is our middle name."[/font]

• Nice tag! I didn't think that anyone knew "Three Men In A Boat" anymore. 🙂

Thanks RBarry; humor is eternal!

Signature is NULL

• Have you read the Connie Willis book? Now that's Sci-Fi/comedy worth reading! 🙂

[font="Times New Roman"]-- RBarryYoung[/font], [font="Times New Roman"] (302)375-0451[/font] blog: MovingSQL.com, Twitter: @RBarryYoung[font="Arial Black"]
    [/font]

• Oh, you caught me, lol! Although I did read "Three Men in a Boat" years ago, my sig is inspired by Connie Willis' book, which I finally got around to reading. Wonderful story; a total jewel. The only other Connie Willis I've read is "Doomsday Book", which is also awesome. I'm sure I'll be reading many more in the future!

Signature is NULL

• I've read a lot of her work and she is definitely one of my favorite writers. 😛

[/font]

Viewing 6 posts - 46 through 50 (of 50 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply