Passed 70-448!

• Silverfox (8/19/2009)

My integration services isnt one of my strongest points, so I just wondering how indepth your knowledge of SSIS would need to be, to cover the questions that you had to answer.

You definitely need to know the SSIS Transformations (Merge Join, Union All, etc.) and Tasks (Data Profiler, Execute Package, etc.) which you could learn from studying a book. You also need to know the SSIS structure of Control Flow versus Data Flow and which parts of the package are placed in each flow. In short, you should be able to design a moderately complex job from scratch before taking the test including the restartability and error handling features. Book learning will not be enough to answer all the SSIS questions correctly, but the test is evenly divided between SSIS, SSAS and SSRS so I assume it's only 33% of the score for the exam.

Do you know the CheckpointUsage options and what the colors red, green and blue indicate for precedence constraints? If you know these without research, then you have the depth of knowledge required for the exam.

I can't say much more than that without violating the NDA, but practice exams like those from Transcender will test you on the key SSIS topics. Good luck!

• Appreciate the information, I can do all that anyways. But nice to know.

Good Luck with any other certs you're doing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [highlight]Recommended Articles on How to help us help you and[/highlight]
    [highlight]solve commonly asked questions[/highlight]

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help by Jeff Moden[/url]
    Managing Transaction Logs by Gail Shaw[/url]
    How to post Performance problems by Gail Shaw[/url]
    Help, my database is corrupt. Now what? by Gail Shaw[/url]

• I have an accounting background and have been contemplating jumping into the BI realm. Is this self-study kit a plausible approach for someone who has only looked after the back end of enterprise software (mapping, configuration etc for specific reporting outcomes) and has a strong understanding of both accounting functions and how the process works within a database senario?

Any comments would be appreciated. While I live in a very large urban centre, courses in SQL 2008 are extremely limited at the moment.

• Congratulations! Thanks for sharing the information which is very much helpful. :-):-)

Do you think it's necessary to pass 70-452 as a BI Developer? Are you full time prepared the exam for 5 weeks? I am trying to figure it out how long it will take me for preparation.

Have you ever evaluated the Microsoft 70-448 Exam http://www.testking.com/70-448.htm What do you think?

Thank You!

Slu

• I'm a DBA having worked extensively with SQL Server 2000 and 2005.

I'm considering getting certification on SQL server.Which particular certification would be best for me in terms of future job prospects?

I was considering going for the SQL Server 2005 certification but at the same time I hear alot of conversations about 2008.Which one would you

recommend?

Thanks,

Z

• Sorry, would you please clarify what is athe passing score? You mentioned that 700, does it mean that maximum is 1000 and it's needed to answer well for 70% of questions? Training test in a book tels that passing score is 80%.

• Passing score is 700. There are some 45-60 questions, which may be different for everyone and they are weighed according to their complexity. There is no percentage passing point, and nowhere I saw the maximum points.

I passed with 840 and answered almost all questions correctly.

M.Sc.IT, M.B.A, MCTS BI 2008, MCITP BI 2008, MCTS SQL Dev, CSM, CDVDM

• Great info. Thanks for posting

• Thanks for the information!

Just started preparing for this exam, hope to pass soon!!

• I can share some material if you want. Hope you all guys pass -- the exam is very simple.

• That will be awesome.

• Congradulations,

Your exam mark is very nice.

I hope you will go on taking exams 🙂

• I am going to be taking the 70-448 test soon. I was wondering how close are the transcender question to the actual test.

• I have not taken any online training but downloaded heaps of sample tests questions (5-6 per PDF), which appeared to be almost all same.

Out of those 10 sample questions there were some 2-3 which were word-to-word on the real Prometric exam.

I assume (wild guess) that many transcender online training questions would be identical to the real ones.

One important thing to know is that the AREAS which those sample questions cover and the way the questions are asked match exactly, so I suppose try online and do your reading as well.

• Hi,

Since you passed you test last June. COuld you please suggest what books and material are supposed to be followed.

I would be really a lot grateful if you please let me know. My email id is - swapnadeep@gmail.com

Eagerly waiting for your tips.

Swapnadeep

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 170 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply