Passed 70-442

• Hi

I finally passed the 70-442 exam today, which means I can now start working on the upgrades to 2008 for DBD and DBA (I already have the Admin MCITP in 2005). Hopefully I'll get them before the next version of SQL server comes out!

What was interesting though was that before the exam proper began, I was presented with around 7 survey questions that I'd never seen before, asking about how long I'd been working with SQL Server 2005, and SQL Server in general, and also how expert I considered myself in various areas like performance troubleshooting, transactions and concurrency and so on.

Anyone else had these survey questions, or know what Microsoft might be hoping to learn from the answers?

Duncan

• I had them on one of my 2008 exams, can't remember which one. I'd guess they're trying to gauge how difficult the exams are, or something like that.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • GilaMonster (7/16/2010)

I had them on one of my 2008 exams, can't remember which one. I'd guess they're trying to gauge how difficult the exams are, or something like that.

Interesting, thanks. I did think it was amusing that one of the answers to each of the questions was along the lines of "I've never used SQL Server before", but I suppose they have to cover all possibilities!

Duncan

• I had the survey questions on exam 70-443 as well.

• Duncan Pryde (7/16/2010)

Anyone else had these survey questions, or know what Microsoft might be hoping to learn from the answers?

Duncan

Congratulations, Duncan! 🙂

I passed the 70-433 (MCTS) recently I also had those survey questions you mentioned. I thought that maybe Microsoft was making a custom test based on what I answered. :hehe:

I'm now taking a break from taking exams to study for the MCITP test (70-451). Wish me luck.

Best regards,

Andre Guerreiro Neto

Database Analyst
    http://www.softplan.com.br
    MCITPx1/MCTSx2/MCSE/MCSA

I did think it was amusing that one of the answers to each of the questions was along the lines of "I've never used SQL Server before", but I suppose they have to cover all possibilities!

I wrote and passed a MOSS exam, but I've never even installed MOSS, let alone used it.

Gail Shaw
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

• codebyo (7/16/2010)

Duncan Pryde (7/16/2010)

Duncan

Congratulations, Duncan! 🙂

I passed the 70-433 (MCTS) recently I also had those survey questions you mentioned. I thought that maybe Microsoft was making a custom test based on what I answered. :hehe:

I'm now taking a break from taking exams to study for the MCITP test (70-451). Wish me luck.

Good luck!

Duncan

Duncan Pryde (7/16/2010)

I did think it was amusing that one of the answers to each of the questions was along the lines of "I've never used SQL Server before", but I suppose they have to cover all possibilities!

I wrote and passed a MOSS exam, but I've never even installed MOSS, let alone used it.

Wow, kudos to you!

So what made you decide to do the exam, if you don't mind me asking?

Come to think of it, I did do a CRM exam, having gone through the installation process only once and used it briefly, but I've never done one completely "experience free".

Duncan

Wow, kudos to you!

Not really. The thing was so incredibly easy I think anyone with a passing knowledge of sharepoint and logical deductions could have passed. I scored higher than I ever have for a SQL exam. Made me completely lose any respect for the sharepoint certs

So what made you decide to do the exam, if you don't mind me asking?

On the laundry list that the company needs people to have. The sharepoint guru refuses to write cert exams at all (and I don't blame him) :hehe:

Gail Shaw

Not really. The thing was so incredibly easy I think anyone with a passing knowledge of sharepoint and logical deductions could have passed. I scored higher than I ever have for a SQL exam. Made me completely lose any respect for the sharepoint certs

Ah, makes sense. I just couldn't see how you would want to sit, let alone expect to pass a SQL MCITP exam with no experience. The CRM exam I did sounds fairly similar to your sharepoint one, but I had spent quite a while studying the installation guide first, so I don't know whether it would have been passable without that studing.

On the laundry list that the company needs people to have. The sharepoint guru refuses to write cert exams at all (and I don't blame him) :hehe:

Sounds familiar! I've had hints dropped in my direction about getting a sharepoint exam, but have so far resisted the temptation to have a go..

Duncan

Ah, makes sense. I just couldn't see how you would want to sit, let alone expect to pass a SQL MCITP exam with no experience.

Oh it wasn't the MCITP. 70-630 MCTS Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007, Configuring. Wouldn't try the ITP without more studying.

Gail Shaw

• For my own information, what was the hardest part of the exam in your case? I know you already have experience in Microsoft MCITP enterprise administrator exam.

Which part you'd wish you can resit without being presented with those survey questions about SQL Server?

Many regards

• Good luck with the MCITP exams dude.

You need it.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply