PASS Virtualization Presents: SQL Meets Virtual CPUs, Memory, and Storage

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item PASS Virtualization Presents: SQL Meets Virtual CPUs, Memory, and Storage

• These sound like some of the most important subjects to our industry today.

As a test of our technology is there a way someone from Australia can at least see a recording of the live online meetings without having to stay up until 3am to participate?

Thanks for the great work to date.

Greg 🙂

• I'll have to check. I'd think they are, but I'm not sure.

• qld_dba (2/3/2010)

These sound like some of the most important subjects to our industry today.

As a test of our technology is there a way someone from Australia can at least see a recording of the live online meetings without having to stay up until 3am to participate?

Thanks for the great work to date.

Greg 🙂

Greg,

Thanks for your questions. These meetings are definitely being recoded and will be available online afterwards on the page of whichever Virtual Chapter held the event. I encourage you to signup for the event even if you can't attend because that allows us to communicate with the people that are interested.

Later on this month I have partnered with the Adelaide SQL Server user group to put on a LiveMeeting presentation: "PowerShell for Data Professionals" that is timed for lunch time there in Adelaide. You can find out more on that here: appdev.sqlpass.org[/url]

I've got a couple of questions for you if you don't mind:

What part of Australia are you from and what is your current GMT offset? (The drop-down in Widows doesn't do so good with telling me if when you're observing DST; OR, I just don't know how to use it 😀 .) Also which is your local PASS chapter; maybe we can partner up with them too?

And finally, please stop by and leave a comment telling us what topics you would like to see covered in future presentations: SQLvariat.com[/url]

Thank you! 🙂

Aaron Nelson

PASS AppDev VC Marketing Director

@SQLvariantI have a PowerShell script[/url] for you.

• I am in the process of watching/reviewing the recorded 'DBA' web casts. The few I have seen so far have been excellent and I'm definitely going to try and attend some live sessions in Feb.

Gethyn Elliswww.gethynellis.com

• Thanks Aaron.

I appreciate the feedback and will register for the events to get updates.

I am in Brisbane, that's GMT +10. I'm a member of the Queensland SSUG.

Not having seen the history I am not sure which topics have been covered to date. I will investigate and leave feedback.

Again thank you for the prompt reply.

Kind regards, Greg.

• Has this presentation been published to the web site? I checked here:

http://dba.sqlpass.org/MeetingArchive/tabid/1982/Default.aspx

and do not see it.

• I don't think it has been yet, I checked today and it wasn't available. It would most likely be under the virtualisation chapter though, not the DBA one

Gethyn Elliswww.gethynellis.com

• I've asked that the recording of the meeting be added to the site for their VC. I will update you guys when I know more.

@SQLvariantI have a PowerShell script[/url] for you.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply