Pass Value in Textbox as Value used to filter in Hyperlink Action

• First - I am new to Report Services - I am still in the process of learning. First I am creating reports (rdl files) that are going to be used in our company software and not all of the features are supported- such as filtering using a visible report parameter. So I am coming up with an alternative way of doing that.

Problem:

I am going to use text boxes with the values - "Product A", "Product B", "Product C", etc. By clicking on the textbox, I wanted the hyperlink action to jump to the report that I need and only display the Product of the textbox that I choose. Any suggestions on how to do that? Is there anyway to pass the textbox value into report parameter? or ?

• The following method will create a hyperlink for a text box that goes to a specified report, passing in particular parameters.

1) On the textbox, right-click, select properties, and go to the Navigation tab.

2) Select the "Jump to Report" radio button, and select the report you desire from the dropdown. NOTE: only reports in the same BIDS / VS2005 project will show in this dropdown. If your report is not in the same project, you can type the report name (absolute or relative path in report manager).

3) Click the parameters button. The parms in the target report will be available and you can map any value in your existing source report to those parms. This is where your "Product X" values would go.

When you preview the report or deploy the report to Report Manager, you should have a hyperlink for that box that jumps to the desired report.

Hope this helps,

Scott Thornburg

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply