Parse the file name in expression

• Hi all,

I have SSIS Package in which we uploads files and fetch date based on the file name.

The file name was ImportFile_XXX_20220501.

We used such expression (DT_STR,8,1252)SUBSTRING(FILE_NAME,FINDSTRING(FILE_NAME,"_",3) + 1,8) to receive int date.

Currently, the file name was changed to  the ImportFile_UK_DumpXX_20220501.

Also, I have one variable in which I pass some specific parameter - FileCode. And I need to parse the new file name only when FileCode =1 .

Could you please help me to change the existing expression?

Thank you.

• This topic was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by  christi1711.
  • If the file name is "ImportFile_UK_DumpXX_20220501", what exactly do you want the expression to return?

If FileCode <> 1, what do you want the expression to return?

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Hi Phil,

I need to return this number 20220501 if FileCode <>1.

Also I forgot  indicated the correct file name.

It should be ImportFile_UK_DumpXX_20220501_XX.

• The following expression returns 20220501 if FileCode = 1, and an empty string otherwise.

@[User::FileCode]==1?token(@[User::FileName], "_", 4) : ""

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Phil,

it works great but without FileCode.

File code is string value, so I wrote @[User::FileCode]=='1'. Destination column is int.

I received an error that it can't convert unicode to non-unicode...

• Phil,

I have already fixed it.

Thanks for your help!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply