Parameter not refreshing in Report

• I have created 2 reports, one that aggregates information on the hourly level and the other that aggregates data on a per minute basis. The parameters for the report are cascading, i.e. select data source, and then select date range. Everything works perfectly in both reports, except....

In the hourly report, once you've selected a value for the first parameter and run the report, and change the selection, the parameter reverts to the original value.

Any ideas?

• Are you calling the report via a URL ? If so, perhaps ClearSession=true will have the desired effect.

• Thanks for the response UncleJimBob, but I'm not passing anything in through the URL.

This is a straightforward Report Manager report.

Anybody else seen anything like this?

• Check how the cascades / defaults are set up for the parameter on the report. It's easy to miss a little thing.

• Right, what a dumb mistake.

Here's the solution:

The value field for the parameter that was misbehaving was the same for two of the labels (e.g. Parameters!ParameterA.Value = Parameters!ParameterB.Value). There must be some kind of look-back when running the report and the label was switching back to the other value.

Moral of the story: Check the values of the Available Fields section of the Report Parameters dialogue.

Thanks to everyone for their help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply