Page Number Question

• Greetings,

New to reporting services report creation, at least to the extent that I am doing them now....

I have a report that allows me to select a client and then the report displays the details of each individual customer on their own page. This part is all working. However, I have been asked to add page numbers to the report so that the page number for each customer will be new. I am assuming that I need to put the page number global variable on the report within the grouping of the customer but when I attempt to do this I get an error that the global variable for page reference, Globals!PageNumber, can't be used except when it is in a page footer. If I put it in a page footer then it doesn't recognize the proper pagination based on the grouping.

Hopefully I am explaining this well. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

David

@SQLTentmaker

“He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose” - Jim Elliot

• Well, I found a solution in the link below. This appears to be A solution however, I would like to see if there are any that are a bit more solid. Thanks in advance.

http://blogs.msdn.com/bwelcker/archive/2005/05/19/420046.aspx

David

@SQLTentmaker

“He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose” - Jim Elliot

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply