Page Loading Script using ASP and SQL

• just please look at this page.....

http://www.masalatalk.com/masalaboard/search.php

In this, if any match found for the keyword, then it would display a intermediate page which shows as follows

"Your search is in progress and you will be taken to the results in a moment. Thank you for your patience. "

and also

"Click here if you do not want to wait any longer

(or if your browser does not automatically forward you) "

I would also like to implement like this using ASP and SQL during database search....

could any one guide me how to do this....?

many thanks in advance

thiruna@vsnl.com

• Do u mean to say that u want to use threading? like when database search is going on , the intermediate page is displayed?

Alternative could be

1. Get the record count depending on the keyword

2. if recordcount > 0 then display the wait message ( for this u will have to write wait loop in asp) otherwise display the other message

• can i have any sample scripts for this to know better...?

thanks

thiruna@vsnl.com

PS. i am using ASP and SQL

• you can have your page load a partial page with an image or text in a <div> tag. Then when the page completes, make this invisible.

I don't have an example handy, but I used this once before. Search 4guysfromrolla.com. They had (I think) an article on this.

Steve Jones

steve@dkranch.net

• Creating vbs of asp is simple.

1. Remove <% and %> from the code.

2. Also if u have included the adovbs.inc file, remove include statement and declare all the variables in begining of ur code itself.

3. Also u dont need to write Server.Createobject instead u can write Createobject only.

3. Change the extension from asp to vbs.

4. Double click the file to run it. As the vbs file runs in background mode u will not have any display to check whether it has run or not. So try checking mails,whether u got or not.

Alternatively visit 4guysfromrolla.com..Very good site

Edited by - patilds on 10/10/2001 9:58:41 PM

• thanks for ur suggestions... let me make these scripts and send it to u for comments and improvements

thanks again

thiruna@vsnl.com

• Is it safe making vbs scripts... some servers would not allow running scripts for security reasons... so please cheeck and the server where the application is being ported/installed.

quote:

Creating vbs of asp is simple.

1. Remove <% and %> from the code.

2. Also if u have included the adovbs.inc file, remove include statement and declare all the variables in begining of ur code itself.

3. Also u dont need to write Server.Createobject instead u can write Createobject only.

3. Change the extension from asp to vbs.

4. Double click the file to run it. As the vbs file runs in background mode u will not have any display to check whether it has run or not. So try checking mails,whether u got or not.

Alternatively visit 4guysfromrolla.com..Very good site

Edited by - patilds on 10/10/2001 9:58:41 PM

Paras Shah

Evision Technologies

Mumbai, India

Paras Shah
    Evision Technologies
    Mumbai, India

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply